Tuesday, August 9, 2005

Re-entry is Tough

This was a tough weekend, with the guys recovering from jet lag, and having to stay out of the house due to showings.  I dragged Quentin and David around the mall while they were half-asleep.  I mean, it was tax-free weekend!  We had to "save" some money!

Quentin had a great trip, as did David, of course.  Q. has to finish his summer reading at warp speed, as school starts tomorrow, and he's a little behind.  He said he knew it would bite him on the .. ahem ..

In the meantime, we have had to have some carpet replaced in the study, which involved moving some very heavy furniture.  Today I have some stuff to put away, go to the kids' school to meet their teachers, and we have company coming tonight. 

Lisa, Christian and Colin arrived home safely last night.  They had a great time with their grandparents ... thanks again Grandmama for taking such good care of them.  Christian was a little homesick for you last night ... he really enjoyed his stay.

Tomorrow, on top of it being the first day of school (tomorrow morning will be ugly!!) our realtors are having a "realtor's luncheon" at the house (where they invite all the realtors from the area to see the house and provide feedback) so Melanie and I will have to be scarce at that time.  I'm scouting out all the places that we can go when we have to be away from home.  Hoping that some of them don't involve spending money, but I'm not holding my breath.  Last Saturday I had to vacate the premises with 30 minutes' notice and found myself putting on my makeup in the parking lot of McDonald's. 

Well, it's time to get my act in gear ... I'm afraid the phone will ring at any moment with a showing scheduled.  Ack!

No comments: