Monday, May 23, 2005

You Can Say You Knew Him When ...

Having my morning coffee while I catch up on the news on the internet.  Thought I would share a couple of shots of the play, "A Connecticut Yankee" ... it really was very cute.

Had a nice weekend.  Yesterday, as my dear son Colin pointed out, I reached the halfway point to 90.  We went to church in the morning, to hear Coach Joe Gibbs (Washington Redskins) give a talk ... he is a member of our church, and I have sat behind him and his wife many a time.  He is hysterical ... known for his wholesome outlook, something rare in an NFL coach.  I remember when we joined the church 4 years ago, how he and his wife welcomed us.  I stood in a receiving line after the service and told him about that ... he seemed appreciative.

We ate lunch with our SS class .. a new Mexican restaurant.  The kids and David had prezzies for me at breakfast .. as a joke, they bought me a few "As Seen On TV" items ... complete with the "Ron Popeil Seal of Approval".  What home is complete without the Ronco Grip and Flip, or the Owl Pocket Magnifying Glass?  I also had the deliciously luxurious chance to take a nap and read a book.  I'm reading "Leaving the Saints" by Martha Beck ... very good read.

I feel duly celebrated, and now I can look forward to the next 45 years of my life (thank you, Colin).

Well, I have an 8:30 appointment this morning, so I suppose I should put the pedal to the metal ... will check back in later this week.

No comments: