Friday, May 27, 2005

Speed Street

Today I took the three Little Kids downtown to Speed Street ... the annual street fair/extravaganza to celebrate a big NASCAR race that goes from May 20 - May 30.  Don't ask me the name of the race, I'm really clueless when it comes to NASCAR.  Apparently you spend about 2 hours in traffic to get to the speedway, then you sit out in the hot sun and watch a bunch of cars speed by at 250 mph.  Be sure to bring earplugs because the decibel level is stratospheric.  Then you get to sit in another 2 hours of traffic to get home.  That is unless you can afford to rent a helicopter to take you.  Yah right.  The only other thing that could compete with such a lovely outing is watching a race on TV.  Kinda like watching paint dry; right up there with watching golf.  Okay, I just don't get it.  Sorry ... my apologies to all you race fans.

However, I thought Christian might like Speed Street, and it's held on the street in front of David's office, so we made a lunch date out of it ... David came to meet us for a little while before we pooped out and came home for a nap. 

No comments: