Friday, May 13, 2005

Renovations

This week we had new countertops put in our kitchen, and a new cooktop.  I know you are all thrilled to death to hear this ... I suppose this post is more for the folks back home who read this blog to keep up with our goings-on.  If you're not excited about our mundane household stuff, feel free to skip this post! 

Lisa is standing next to me trying to pull out a tooth.  Another one!  The poor Tooth Fairy is going to be eligible for frequent flyer miles to our house!

This morning I found Boudreaux barking at something in the grass in the back yard.  I went out to investigate and found a baby blue jay.  He looked pretty freaked out, so I took a tennis racket and rescued him from his canine attacker.  He is now in a box in the garage, although I'm not sure what to do with him.  Common sense tells me I need to feed him some worms, but a real Mama bird would probably chew them up first and then feed them to the baby, but there are SOME things at which I just have to draw the line.  I did spend about 30 minutes digging in the yard to see if I could find a worm to give him.  Why is it when I'm planting flowers I'm always coming across a worm and getting completely grossed out?  Why is it when I NEED a worm, they're nowhere to be found?

What is the deal here?  Do I look like a critter rescue operation to you??  Dogs ... birds ... what next? 

No comments: