How in the H-E-double-hockey-sticks do we get ourselves into these things? In what strange order have the planets aligned themselves so that everything difficult that can happen to a human being happens all at one time?? Where can I get a permanent Valium IV installed into my arm for the next month or so?
1. Kitchen remodel is nearing its zenith. Cabinet installation will happen Friday the 22nd. Door and window will be installed this Monday or Tuesday.
2. *Surprise!* Dr. Matthews has scheduled Melanie's surgery for Thursday the 21st! Overnight stay ... oh, and our social worker's 2 year post placement visit is scheduled for the evening of the 21st. Guess she'll have to come see us in the hospital. Soft diet for 4 weeks. *Note to self: get 6 photos of Melanie for SW.
3. The granite company will come on Wed. the 27th to do the template for our countertops. They will install on Wed. the 4th of October.
4. We leave for Disney Thursday the 5th of October. Maintaining the soft diet for Melanie on the trip.
5. While we are gone, the floor company will refinish all the wood floors on the main floor. Which means that ...
6. We have to have all the furniture out of the main level before we leave for Disney. Which means that ...
7. Boudreaux will have to go to doggie camp and
8. We'll have to get a moving company to take all our furniture and store it for the weekend. It's like we're moving again!!! Then we'll have to move back in after driving home from Orlando. WTF???? (Okay, this is a family blog ... the "f" stands for "frick". Right.)