Tuesday, June 13, 2006

We're Off to See the Wizard

They're moving the shuttle to the launching pad, and the voyagers are donning their space suits.  (Okay, their capri pants and flip flops, but you get the idea).  The bags are packed (sort of) and the healthy panic has started to set in.  It doesn't help much to see stories plastered all over the front page of the newspaper about how horrid the airports are this time of year, not to mention some damn tropical storm worming its way up the east coast just in time to interfere with our trip.  Larry Sprinkle, the weather man (yes that's his REAL name!) is just calling for showers tomorrow.  Guess that will be okay.  Hmmm...seems like there was a tropical something looming as we left for Taldy Korgan in 2004!   Are the weather gods trying to tell us something?  I did have my moment of "I don't really want to go" yesterday, but I overcame it pretty quickly. 

We have a driver lined up to take us to Taldy Korgan on Sunday after we arrive.  I am very excited about that.  We had a note from friends who are there now, and got the word that BUG SPRAY was an important thing to take. 

I am going to try and send dispatches from the edge (sorry Anderson Cooper! -- I do have your book loaded onto my iPod to listen to on the plane) to David to post here, but it may be just snippets of phone conversations that David gets from me.  I'm not sure of my technological capabilities.   In any event, farewell to you faithful blog readers of mine, and I'll see you in a couple of weeks!

No comments: