Saturday, January 7, 2006

You Might Be a Redneck ...

Wow, where to begin.  It's been a hectic couple of weeks.  We had a big party for New Years' Eve, with about 30 people over.  Our house was clean and sparkly, and I think everyone had a good time.  We had lots of good food and I made a stab at making Cosmopolitans ... let's just say I need to stay away from them in the future.  They're good, but ...

It was tough going back to school, after sleeping our lives away during the week after Christmas.  Colin had to go back on Tuesday, and so did Melanie.  The others went back Wed., so we made a trip to the uniform store, since some legs seem to have grown over the holiday.  No more high flood waters.  Yes, I know hems can be let out, but the pants were looking ratty (holes in knees, etc.)  Then it was back to life as usual.  On Wed. I had a small outpatient procedure, (nothing serious) so spent most of that day sleeping off the anesthesia.  That was nice.  We had some company from out of town that night, but unfortunately I was still cuckoo in the head (sorry you guys!!  It was good to see you, even if briefly!) and had to miss out.  David played hostess, though, and I think everyone had a good time.

David took Christian and Lisa to the "Monster Truck Rally" in the new Charlotte Arena.  (You know you're a redneck if ...)  I was invited too, but politely declined.  He he.  Seeing as Christian has an obsession with anything on wheels, the bigger and badder the better, he enjoyed every minute of it.

No comments: