Sunday, October 30, 2005

Visitors from the East?

I was getting ready for church this morning and something caught my eye through the bathroom window.  I looked again, and it was two deer helping themselves to the acorns in our back yard.  (Or was it the bird seed on the ground?)  I ran into the kitchen to alert the kids, and they all scrambled to the window.  Christian yelled, "There are THREE!" and sure enough, another one ambled into the yard.  We watched them for a long time (and were late to church, ack) just awed.  I got a great picture through the bathroom window, even though I was shooting right into the sun.  Next time we have a sighting, I'll shoot through the bedroom window, which has no screen.

Am I being a nut for getting so excited about a few deer?  I feel like the proverbial city girl in the country for the first time.   Bear with me!

No comments: