Sunday, July 31, 2005

No Internet

Still no notes from the guys.  I did speak to David this evening; I interruped a banquet of sorts ... the entire team, with the local folks, an intimate group of 25 or so, were at a restaurant having a feast of bisparmak.  Quentin said the horse tasted like a cross between pot roast and roast beef.  (Okay...)  David did say that he had a letter all typed up to send, with pictures, but no internet to send it on.  I waggled my finger (through the phone) at Aida and told her to get on the stick and get David to an internet cafe.  So perhaps tomorrow.  He did say that they dug holes and were hoping to pour concrete tomorrow.  Quentin said he didn't do much.  The holes are 3 feet deep, and he's only 5 feet tall, so, well ... you do the math!

In the meantime, I have been dusting bookshelves and scrubbing grout in our bathroom.  (Isn't that exciting??!!)  Our grout never looked so gleaming white.  Whoever buys this house will be sold on the grout alone, I'm sure.  Yesterday we emptied out the garage and it never looked better.  I am now sore in places that I never knew could be sore.

The three older kids (Lisa, Christian and Colin) are flying to Mississippi (very early) tomorrow morning to visit their grandparents.  We haven't really seen them since Christmas, so I know they will be glad to see the kids.  Melanie and I will keep the home fires burning. 

Ahhh .. I love the smell of Clorox in the morning ...

No comments: