Sunday, October 31, 2004

Be It Ever So Humble ...

...there's no place like home!  I still can't believe it, but I'm sitting here at MY computer, in MY den, in MY house, and MY husband is out trick-or-treating with the kids.  All of them!  I'm beyond tired, and have picked up a stomach bug that made the trip home oh-so-much-fun.  Melanie did a lot better on the Frankfurt-Charlotte leg than the Almaty-Frankfurt one.  On A-F (which left at 4 a.m.) she kept waking up every ten minutes and crying.  Probably because we were squeezed into the middle row and the *expletive deleted* in the seat in front of us had it jacked all the way back.  We literaly had about four inches clearance.  A little boy behind my mom kept kicking her seat and talking very loudly in Russian.  It was miserable.  Luckily we had two bulkhead seats on the F-C route, and Melanie slept on a pallet on the floor.  She really slept hard for about three hours , then wanted to play!  Mom and I were of course semi-zombies by this time, so we took turns playing with her while the other napped for a while.  We finally gave her about 1/2 a teaspoon of benadryl, because I just couldn't keep my eyes open.  She slept the last 2 hours of the flight ...

One of our bags didn't make it ... there's so much else to write, but chaos reigns in our house, so I need to go put out some fires (figuratively of course!)

 

 

No comments: