Thursday, September 23, 2004

What's happening!?

This morning I woke up with an enormous swollen gland and fever; the strep demon seems to have paid a visit.  Now, I haven't been sick in months and months ... I think I'm one of the healthiest people on the planet.  So why NOW?  Of all times ... <grumble>  I've been to my doctor this morning and begged her for a shot of good old penicillin, but she gently (okay not so gently) persuaded me to go the oral antibiotic route.  So, I'll be slinking around feeling like crap for another day.  Luckily all seems to be in order as far as gathering stuff for the trip, so I can lie on my bed of pain and not worry about it.

David's parents arrived yesterday with no problem.   I'm still in serious denial that we're actually leaving in 4 days.  I was at the airport meeting DR & Anne and walked past the international check-in counter and thought, "Jeez, that's where we'll be on Monday!"  <shiver>

No comments: