Wednesday, June 30, 2004

June 26, 2004

Adoption-wise, not much to report! The other day I went to Office Depot and bought binders and tabs to get myself organized! I have been so lax with the paperwork. I found a notebook that I kept when we adopted Lisa and it was perfectly indexed and alphabetized. I need to be sure not to get complacent with things; I may find myself in trouble!

Out shopping yetserday I wandered into the Mac store at the mall and struck up a conversation with an Asian salesman there. He asked if Lisa was my daughter, and we started talking about her adoption, and the fact that he was adopted himself from Korea. He was 5 years old at the time, but remembers nothing. I asked him all about how he felt about being adopted, etc. I was a little disheartened when he said he had no contact with his adoptive parents. He told me if I just loved my children unconditionally, they would be fine; something that he didn't get growing up. It was a very enlightening conversation! Wish I could sit and talk to him for a few more hours!

No comments: