Tuesday, September 19, 2006

And furthermore more ...

Good grief will it ever end?  Quentin called last night from the high school retreat (near Asheville, 2 hours away from here) reporting that he lost his glasses swimming in a lake.  He is as blind as a bat without them.  Don't know how he's coping without them; I added an errand to Lenscrafters to my already packed schedule, but they need some kind of "pupil distance" measurement, so I suppose after I pick him up tomorrow we'll be going back to Lenscrafters.  Where you get your glasses in an hour.  If you lived in Louisiana in the 70's and 80's you'll remember the TV ads with a very Cajun lady talking about Lenscrafters, "I came all the way from Opelousas to get my glasses in an OW-AH and I got my glasses in an OW-AH.  Hilarious ...

My body is in a state of complete exhaustion and muscle aches.  Dr. Matthews says all is well to go ahead with Thursday's appointment.  We'll have to take it easy at Disney, which means she and I will go back to the room every day to take a nap.  Darn!  <---note sarcasm.

No comments: