Monday, February 27, 2006

Not Winter, Not Spring

...just somewhere in the middle.  I haven't been posting much lately, merely because there hasn't been much to post!  Life goes on, one day at a time.  We get up, we go to school, we come home, eat dinner, go to bed.  Rinse and repeat!  Melanie seems finally over her nasty cold or whatever the heck it was.  David was feeling rather crummy over the weekend, just in time for him to go to New Orleans for Mardi Gras.  He left on Thursday flying down there, spent the night with my dad in Baton Rouge, then went back down to N.O. to hang out with friends until his parade rolled on Sunday.  (Yesterday).  Meanwhile, my mom flew down here to hang out with me.  We went and bought me a new sewing machine (gonna learn to sew, darn it!) and she made a quickie quilt for Lisa while she was here.  It was fun working on it together.

On Saturday Christian had a birthday party downtown at Discovery Place, so we had to kill an hour and a half.  We wandered down South Boulevard and came upon an old-timey drive-in restaurant where we had burgers and shakes.  It was awesome!!  It's called 21 South ... was written up in the Charlotte paper the other weekend.  Been around for 100 years.  Well you know.

Mom and I ate Indian food on Thursday while Melanie was in school.  She liked it so much that we took the kids there last night for dinner!  Gotta get all the curry I can when I can, since David hates it.  It was awesome.  Okay, all we did was eat and sew!!

Busy week ahead.  Christian at basketball camp every afternoon.  Tomorrow I have a kitchen designer coming to look at our kitchen and give us some ideas about renovating it.  Thursday I take Melanie to be evaluated for the Bright Beginnings preschool, Friday is Christian's birthday party at Monkey Joe's.  My baby will be 9 on Sunday.  Lisa will be 8, eight days later.  Her party is a week from Saturday.

Got a new vehicle.  David's company car went away, and I happily donated the Yukon to David for his work car.  I am now the proud owner of a Honda mini-van which I LOVE.  It's kinda like coming home; my first new car was a Honda Civic.  Then I had another Civic, then an Accord hatchback.  Good to be back in Honda land.  It had gotten to be a running joke about how many things I could hit with the darn Yukon.  Let's see .. I hit a parked car, a concrete pylon, and the garage wall.  OBVIOUSLY I wasn't meant or designed to drive a land yacht.  I complained to David one time that I was so tired of driving a car with dings all over it.  He replied, "Well, then stop hitting stuff!"  Erudite as usual.  Thanks a lot honey.

The Honda feels like a car.  Man, the turning radius is TIGHT.  I'm happy.  I even got in the garage on Saturday and cleaned out the crap, so now I can actually park my car indoors!  Makes a big difference starting it up on a cold 25 degree morning (like this morning!)

 

No comments: