Friday, June 24, 2005

I would really like the beach ...

...if not for all the sand.  We're off for Ocean Isle beach tomorrow morning.  David is playing in a golf tournament in the morning, so will be down when he's done.  I'm just glad he's able to get away for a little R&R. 

The latest news on the trip to Kazakhstan is that they will leave July 26.  That means Quentin can go to camp (will get home on Saturday, and fly out on Monday ...)  David is still rassling with the travel agents to get seats.  Apparently the summer season has made them few and far between.  Right now they are holding tickets through Amsterdam. 

In the meantime, life goes on.  We go to speech, we go to the pool, we go to lunch.  Yesterday the little kids and I went to McDonald's.  Today it was the older kids' turn, and we went to eat with my friend Jan, and her son Kyle, whom we have been friends with since Colin was in 2nd grade.  They all go to different schools, but have remained friends all along.  Then we browsed through Barnes & Noble, one of my favorite pastimes.  I could spend hours in there (and mega bucks!) 

I just finished "The Kitchen Boy" ... about a fictional boy who worked for the last Tsar of Russia, and was there when they were executed.  Very interesting twist at the end.  My summer beach reading:  Gulag ... and the Falls, by Joyce Carol Oates.  She is one enigmatic author! 

I don't know about internet connections at the beach, so see you in a week!

No comments: