Saturday, February 19, 2005

Mending Quite Well, Thank You

Melanie continues to amaze.  Last night she slept from about 10-2, took some motrin, then continued to sleep until 8:30 this morning.  David and I feel refreshed and recharged.  Today she's eating applesauce and some chicken soup.  I have to irrigate and suction her nose several times a day, which she hates me for, but seems to forgive and forget pretty easily.  Has to be done.  When she is medicated she is as active as ever, but every few hours or so she'll start acting whiney, so we'll pop in the analgesics and she's right as rain.  I can only imagine an adult having had what she has had done.  Heck, I'd still be in bed moaning and milking it for all I've got! 

I am still amazed at what Dr. Matthews has done.  She looks so different with a perky little nose.

No comments: