Tuesday, August 3, 2004

It's August!

Had a great time in New York!  Now all my ducks have been placed firmly into a row, and I am ready to go to Central Asia.  Now.   I and seven of my closest friends had dinner in the city Friday night, then spent Saturday sightseeing along Long Island.  We rubbed shoulders with the very rich at Bridgehampton (although we unfortunately had to decline several invitations to hang out with Paris Hilton -- we just weren't in the mood!) and ended up at the lighthouse at Montauk.  We ate huge amounts of fresh seafood at the Lobster Inn.  Then there was the obligatory stop to let one of us throw up on the side of the road (what's a girls weekend without someone hurling??  And no, it wasn't me!)  All these girls are children of the late 80's and I am the one creaky old "wrinkly" person in the group.  I had to suffer through Def Leppard and Guns N' Roses music in the car (what?  I can't hear you!  My ears have gone numb!)  At 12:30 a.m. we neared the house, (and my bed was beckoning) only to veer away suddenly to a bar (do you know they are open until 4 a.m in New York?) that had a band playing ... you guessed it! ... HEAVY METAL!  I was such a happy camper.  I sat in the corner and watched them all hooting & hollering when something by Black Sabbath came up.  Guess I need to stay young to keep up with our new 2 year old -- I'm headed out to buy "Def Leppard Greatest Hits" right now.

Interesting link about a problem they have on Long Island ... even the rich can't escape...

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-liscav013915587aug02,0,7519462.story?coll=ny-liminute-headlines

No comments: